Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Overall Underlying Purpose of life

I heard a sermon recently that opened my eyes to an even greater purpose of why you are here and what are you suppose to be doing.

I Cor 16:14 Let all you do be done with love.

There are many scriptures that support the idea that everything we do must be done in love. Our overall and underlying purpose in life is to be a vessel of God’s love to the world, a lost and dying world. Everything that Jesus did was to show forth God’s love to the world to the point of dying for the creation he himself created. We are now the living Christ (Christ in us) and as the body of Christ and as individuals, we, the body as a whole are to continue to show that Christ like love to the world. Picture yourself as Jesus. You are Jesus to the people living on this earth. Everything He did was based on love. Every act, every word and every thought was based on His love for each and every individual on the face of the earth. He love everyone. The sick, the feeble, the poor, the rich, the smart and the not so smart, the despised, the oppressed and the downtrodden. He loved them all. To truly fulfill your purpose you must love them too.

When I wake in the morning if I have any questions as to why am I here and what is my purpose today then there is one simple answer: I am here to love somebody as Christ loved them and to make that love known. So the greatest answer to the question of “What would Jesus do?” is: love them. Love individuals, love your neighbor, Love your God and love yourself. When I encounter the unlikable people that God puts in my path they are there to remind me that they need an encounter with the love of Christ. I am that Christ in their life and Christ would do nothing less than love them unconditionally.

When we reach that level where we have learned to love everyone as Christ did then we have achieved the fullness of being Christ like. No matter what else I accomplish in life or in ministry it amounts to nothing if I did not do it in love. I can be rich or famous, I can achieve great ministry goals and win thousands of souls for Christ, but if I did not do it in love I have failed in my true purpose in life. Whatever task I think God has called me to do, without love, it has no meaning.

Nubby

No comments:

Post a Comment